Thank you for taking an interest in our products. We sell mostly used and vintage items, therefore please understand that age affects the condition of these items. We thoroughly check all the items but, because they are all second hand articles with many of them being decidedly vintage, you may find some tear and wear, even if many of them are in excellent condition.
About clothing: most of our traditional Japanese clothing for sale is used (and often vintage), you can find some fading, stains, odours and creases. Therefore you need to be aware that these vintage items of clothing must be dry cleaned before wearing.
Colours: we do our very best to take photos that show the true colours of the items we sell, but colours will always vary slightly from one computer to another.
We accept credit and debit card payments through Stripe, which is the hottest new payment processor on the block. To pay with Stripe, you don't need an account with them. Please note that we can only ship to a verified billing address, this means that your delivery address has to be the same as your billing address, otherwise we will not be able to process your order.
We also accept Paypal but please, make sure that your delivery address is the same as that in your Paypal account, otherwise we will have to refund and ask you to reorder with matching addresses.
Both Stripe and PayPal take security seriously. They are both very stable and secure platforms and none of your credit or debit card information is stored on our website. If you would like to pay in any other way, please contact us before making a purchase. Thank you.
IMPORTANT: When using Paypal, please make sure that your delivery address is the same as that in your Paypal account otherwise, we will have to refund and ask you to reorder with matching addresses. Thank you.
Once payment has been made, we will send your purchase within 24 hours (except at Weekends and Bank Holidays). All items are sent recorded delivery both to the UK and internationally, so there will always be a tracking number that we will give you when we post your parcel. Please use the following website to track your parcel: Royal Mail Tracking
For customers in the UK, postage is as little as £4.50 for up to 2kg. Delivery is free on all orders over £50 (offer valid for Mainland UK only).
The maximum weight per international parcel is 2kg, so anything over that weight will require a second or more parcels. Any customs duties are to be paid by the customer. If you live outside of the UK and you intend to make a big order (more than 3-4 kg), then it is always better to contact us in advance to check on the cost of postage. If you require more information please do not hesitate to contact us.
In nearly all the descriptions you will find the weight of the item. The postage is calculated on the weight of the item plus an estimated weight of the packaging. We cannot always be precise, especially for multiple purchases and purchases from abroad, so should you, by chance, be overcharged for the postage then you will always be reimbursed. If you want to know the exact cost of postage then please contact us before purchasing. Sometimes heavier purchases will be posted in more than one parcel because the postage for two or three small parcels could work out far less than the postage for one large parcel.
We are strong supporters of recycling, therefore, we do our best to recycle packing materials when sending your orders to you.
Delivery costs to remote UK areas
Additional postage may be applied to the following UK areas: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Scottish Highlands & Islands, Northern Ireland and Isle of Wight. It is therefore important that you please contact us before purchasing anything. Thank you.
When using Paypal, please make sure that your delivery address is the same as that in your Paypal account otherwise, we will have to refund and ask you to reorder with matching addresses. This is not necessary when using Stripe.
Parcels that come back to us
Sometimes parcels are returned to us because the post office could not get a signature on delivery. It's your responsibility to make sure that you give us an address where someone can sign for the parcel when it arrives, or to pick it up at your post office when they leave a message about delivery (when a postman/woman cannot get a signature, they will leave a printed form advising on alternative arrangements to get the parcel). If the address is wrong, or if for any other reason the parcel cannot be delivered, we are not responsible for this. Please do make sure you give a valid address. If the parcel is returned to us through no fault of our own, we can resend, but we will have to recharge for posting a second time.
We send parcels within 24 hours except at the weekend and on Bank Holidays. Usually most parcels arrive quite quickly at destination but occasionally they get held up in the delivery offices of the country of destination for quite a while. Please remember that we have no control over delivery times in another country so please bear this in mind if you think your parcel is taking a long time to arrive. We will always give you a tracking number so that you can check where your parcel is.
Yes, we do accept returns! Should you, for any reason, not be happy with your purchase, please contact us so that we can solve the problem.
NOTE! The return shipping fees and the original shipping fees are non-refundable unless the return is due to a fault, the item was wrongly described or we sent you the wrong item. Returns can be expensive so please make sure of the measurements. We give measurements of all the clothing we sell. If you are not happy with the condition of a Japanese item of clothing that you have received from us, please remember that when you bought it, you accepted the fact that it should be dry cleaned before being worn.
Upon receipt of the purchase that you have made, you have 14 days to contact us about returning it, should you wish to do so. If you return your purchase, we will check that it is in the same condition as when it was sent to you and if so, we will reimburse you. Please allow up to 15 days for us to process your request upon receipt.
1. Personal information I collect To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you're ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information, if you contact me directly.
2. Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services. - Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law. - Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others. - When you subscribe to our newsletter, we share your email address and name with Mailchimp, so we can send you emails relating to our service such as current promotions.
5. Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
6. Your Rights If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below. - Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request. - Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons. - Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Vivien Someya, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org Alternately, you may mail me at:
Vivien Someya, 77 Bramble Drive, Hailsham, East-Sussex, BN27 3EQ, UK
This is to ensure that experience using the website is the best possible.
You can find out more about the cookies we use by reading our cookie declaration.
What are cookies? Cookies are small files stored in your web browser to help the website interact with you. Without cookies, every time you visit a new page the website thinks you are a new visitor. This would mean for example shopping baskets would empty each time you clicked onto a new page. If you would like to read more about cookies , Wikipedia has a detailed article.
What if I do not want cookies stored on my browser? You can block cookies via your web browser. You can find out specific instructions for your browser via Google. Please note though we provide no guarantee against unexpected results should you choose to block cookies on this website.
What cookies do you store on my browser? Details of the cookies we use on this site are listed below:
CookieMessage - This records the answer you gave regarding accepting our cookies. Without this the cookie notification would pop up every time you went to a new page
PHPSESSID - Allows the website to function correctly such as retaining a shopping basket
trackingcode - If you visited us by clicking on a link on a site e.g. an advert. We sometimes store the origin of your click so we can monitor which marketing is most effective.
Occasionally the way third-party add-ons store cookies change. Because of this the list above may not always contain an exhaustive list of the cookies which are saved. We do regularly audit the cookies stored as a result of visiting our website.